Universal Joint & Lovejoy coupling replacement-Industrial Power Transmission TSC500
TSC500 500 ft lb replacement for coupling and universal joint in any industrial power transmission application
Couplings in an industrial power transmission setup have a number of issues to contend with, annual maintenance, fundamental design flaws coming from a century old technology, industry has evolved but the technology that makes up the standard coupling and universal joint has not. Twin Spring Coupling offers something different.
Industrial power transmission is broken into two main areas, high speed low angle of misalignment and lower speed higher angle of misalignment. Traditionally these two needs have been service by two different couplings - Motion control couplings like beam, bellows, jaw, elastometic type couplings and the universal joint.
The problem with both couplings are their fundamental design weaknesses, for motion control coupling they can run fast but cannot work at over 4 degrees of misalignment before they start to wear out. The universal joint can run at more than 4 degrees but needs constant maintenance to keep the bearings and pivot point greased or they too will wear out quickly.
On top of that they traditionally cannot run over 8 degrees before technical issues like balancing and bearing wear become issues. In a 24/7/365 situation like industrial power transmission thats going to create interruption and a increased annual maintenance bill.
Twin Spring Coupling has no internal componenents so no annual maintenance and can run at high and low speed as needed.
Our coupling is available in all the standard industry splines for easy replacement or retrofit for OEM.
Flexible up to 45 degrees Under load (55 degrees not under load)
Universal joint, Lovejoy coupling, motion control, Beam coupling and any other coupling unit.
Use - Industrial power transmission
Replaces a Lovejoy D10SS, Lovejoy NB10B, DD8B, Spicerparts.com
A new maintenance free alternative to Universal and Constant Velocity joints
• Larger angle of usage – operational usage of over 20°
• Able to absorb impacts with its twin spring design
• Bi directional high-low speed design
• No moving parts, no bearings so no greasing and regreasing required, this saves you time and money
• No vibration
• Can run in water, mud, dust and dirt
• Springs allow transfer shock to be absorbed, nullifying “jackhammer” shock and reducing the chance of damage to the powertrain.
• 90+% efficient, torque is absorbed and transferred making it one of the most fuel efficient power coupling units available